Lawless London sees FOURTH man killed on streets in weekend of bloodshed

A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in east London – the fourth brutally killed in the capital during a weekend of carnage.

The victim, believed to be in his 40s, was found collapsed and suffering stab wounds in Whalebone Lane, near West Ham Lane, in Stratford this morning.


The attack came after a weekend of bloodshed, which saw three others killed on the streets in separate attacks in less than 24 hours.

In the latest incident, Scotland Yard said officers were called by paramedics at about 12.40am.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene about 20 minutes later.

No arrests have been made and inquiries into the bloody attack are continuing, with a post-mortem scheduled to take place in due course.

Scotland Yard said a section 60 order – which allows police to stop and search people – had been put in place for the whole of the borough of Newham until 6pm this evening.



The weekend's carnage began when two teens were attacked on Friday afternoon within a matter of minutes.

The first incident took place in Tooting, South West London, when Cheyon Evans, 18, was stabbed on the Aboyne Estate.

Mohammed Nadir Dafallah, 18, and a 17-year-old boy have been charged with the murder, Scotland Yard said on Sunday morning.

A mum-of-two who witnessed the scene said: "I haven't seen that much blood in my life. I kept trying to tell him 'stay with me'.

"Then he just passed away in front of me."

PASSED AWAY

The second unfolded less than 15 minutes later Plumstead, South East London, just 12 miles away.

Three men were also stabbed in a separate attack outside a Tube station in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Then, on Saturday afternoon, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in Tower Hamlets, in East London.

Two men, aged 33 and 28, have been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the Poplar death.

The murders are the 57th, 58th and 59th to rock the capital this year. There were 132 homicides in the city in 2018.

I saw them working on him for about three quarters of an hour then they covered him with a sheet.

Witness David told The Sun Online he had gone out to get a paper and came back ten minutes later to see the police helicopter.

He said: "I saw them working on him for about three quarters of an hour then they covered him with a sheet."

Detectives are still searching for the suspects after the attack.

It comes after a grim day on London's streets on Friday first saw an 18-year-old knifed to death in Tooting, South West London.

Six men – aged between 16 and 19 – have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

'BODY ON THE FLOOR'

Marina Paget, 22, who lives in the area, said: "I walked past at 2.30pm and I didn't see anything, but when I came back from work at 5.30pm it was all going on.

"I walked past I saw what looked like the body on the floor covered in a bag and there were 50 people around, loads of people, two or three ambulances."

Tooting MP Rosena Allin-Khan said the murder on Deeside Road was "heartbreaking" and "absolutely tragic".

Just 12 minutes later, a 19-year-old man was found with critical injuries after being shot in a car park in Plumstead, South East London. He died at the scene a short while later.

Our overstretched police are working around the clock to keep Londoners safe. They need our support to end this scourge of violence

Three boys – two aged 16 one 17 – have been arrested on suspicion of murder, along with a 17-year-old girl.

In a separate incident, at around 3.22am on Saturday, police were called to Bedford Road following reports of a fight near Clapham North Tube station.

Three men were found with stab and slash injuries.

Four men were arrested in connection with the incident – two for violent disorder, one accused of carrying a bladed instrument and another for possession of a Taser – and have been taken into custody at a south London police station.

FIGHTING FOR LIFE

In yet another attack on Saturday afternoon a man in his mid 40s was stabbed in the chest in Edmonton. He is currently fighting for his life in hospital.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he was "sickened" following the deaths of the two teenage boys.

He said: "Our overstretched police are working around the clock to keep Londoners safe. They need our support to end this scourge of violence.”

US President Donald Trump reignited their war of words, calling Mr Khan a "disaster" in response to violence in London.

Retweeting a post by right-wing commentator Katie Hopkins about the killings, the president said the capital needed a new mayor "ASAP".

Mr Trump tweeted: "LONDON needs a new mayor ASAP. Khan is a disaster – will only get worse!

“He is a national ­disgrace who is destroying the City of London!”

Figures last month revealed five young people are attacked with a knife every day in London and Mr Khan warned it could take a "decade" to turn back the tide of violent crime.

However Met Police chief Cressida Dick recently hailed a reduction in stabbings of under-25s after more stop and searches.

After the horror 24 hours, Scotland Yard said locals can expect an enhanced police presence near the crime scenes.










Source: Read Full Article