Fish and chips are undoubtably one of the nation’s favourite meals.
Whether it’s the appeal of a crispy battered cod fillet or a pile of chips drenched in salt and vinegar.
The good news is that others might also agree with your local being the tastiest chippy.
Ahead of the annual National Fish & Chip Awards, a shortlist of 20 UK based spots has been revealed with the winner to be announced on January 23, 2020.
You’ve been making spaghetti carbonara wrong – Italian chef shares secret recipe
McDonald’s burger and fries stored away for 10 years – and it still looks tasty
Seafish, a non-departmental public body in the UK sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, compiled the list of the favourite restaurants.
Unsurprisingly a lot of seaside locations made the shortlist, including Rockfish in Devon and Hooked@31 in Pembrokeshire.
A London spot also made the cut, with Belmont Bay Fish Bar in Harrow making the all-important list.
Tesco slashes price of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey – customers can save £10
Here are the UK’s top fish and chip shops:
- Belmont Bay Fish Bar, Harrow, London
- Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Grampian
- Dolphin Takeaway, Duncannon, Country Tyrone
- Fiddlers Elbow, Leintwardine, Herefordshire
- Fish ‘n’ Fritz, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fish and Chips at Weston Grove, Chester, Cheshire
- French’s Fish Shop, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
- Hiks, Swansea, West Glamorgan
- Hook & Line, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Hooked@31, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
- Low’s Traditional Fish & Chips, Aberdeen, Grampian
- Mike’s Traditional Fish & Chips, Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Rockfish, Brixham, Devon
- Seafare Guildford, Guildford, Surrey
- Shap Chippy, Penrith, Cumbria
- The Bearded Sailor, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- The Chip Shed, Warwick, Warwickshire
- The Cod’s Scallops, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- The Frying Squad, Bangor, County Down
- Walnut Tree Traditional Fish and Chips, Milton Keynes, Hertfordshire
Meanwhile, an average portion of fish and chips has around 1,000 calories and 52g of fat.
According to figures, Brits spend around £1.2 billion on fish and chips per year.
Source: Read Full Article