Meghan Markle going into politics 'isn't beyond realm of possibility'

Meghan Markle going into politics ‘isn’t beyond the realm of possibility’ as she is ‘American born and has every right to run for President,’ celebrity agent who knows the Duchess claims

  • Meghan Markle could go into politics, a celebrity agent that knows her claimed
  • Jonathan Shallit told Sunday Telegraph she has ‘every right to run for President’ 
  • Comes as couple signed a a £112million Netflix deal that ‘could include a documentary on Princess Diana’

Meghan Markle could go into politics and has every right to run for US President, a celebrity agent that knows the Duchess has claimed.

Speaking to the Sunday Telegraph, Jonathan Shalit said he has ‘never heard’ the Duchess of Sussex, 39, discuss politics, but added it wasn’t ‘beyond the realm of possibility’. 

‘She’s American-born, she has every right to run for president. Ronald Reagan was a B-list actor who ended up in the White House. Never say never,’ he said.

‘The perception of the couple in America is different to the UK. The UK has a love-hate relationship with the Sussexes, but it’s different in the States. 

Meghan Markle, 39, could go into politics and has every right to run for US President, a celebrity agent that knows the Duchess has claimed. Meghan and Harry are pictured in London in March

He continued: ‘I think Meghan is very ambitious, but in this country that is sometimes considered an unpleasant character trait. Yet she’s achieved a great deal already.’

It comes as Prince Harry and Meghan signed a £112million Netflix deal that ‘could include a documentary on Princess Diana’.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who moved to Santa Barbara, California last month, signed a deal with the streaming service this week for their new yet-to-be-named production company to make documentaries, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programming.

An insider told The Mirror the documentary will focus on Diana’s family history and heritage, but voiced fears over it widening the rift with brother William. 

Prince Harry and Meghan  announced they have signed deal with Netflix. Pictured, in a video supplied on Monday July 6, 2020 by The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust 

Speaking to the Telegraph, Shalit added that Meghan has a ‘very magical, comforting way with people’ and the ‘part of the touch Diana had’.

The agent also said he thinks the shows Meghan and Harry will make for the streaming service will be ‘relevant’ and ‘authentic’ and ‘champion issues they have a genuine interest in’. 

In a statement announcing the Netflix deal last week, the Sussexes said: ‘Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope. As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us.’ 

They added that Netflix’s ‘unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action.’   

While Harry and Meghan may appear on camera in documentary programming, the former Suits actress has previously made it clear that she has no plans to return to acting.

Rumours of Harry and Meghan seeking to gain a foothold in Hollywood have run rampant ever since the couple announced their plans to quit as senior royals, seek financial independence and move to North America in January.

Meghan’s first post-Megxit job in showbiz was as a narrator of the Disney Plus docuseries Elephants, which came out in April.

The Los Angeles native nabbed the job after Harry bragged about her voiceover skills to Disney chairman Bob Iger at the London premiere of The Lion King live action remake last summer. 

Her fee for the project went entirely to the Elephants Without Borders charity – an organisation dedicated to conserving wildlife and helps protect the animals from poaching.

Harry followed in her footsteps by appearing in a new Netflix documentary about about the Paralympic Games called Rising Phoenix, which aired on August 26.

Last year Harry announced that he was partnering with Oprah Winfrey on an Apple TV+ docuseries about mental health. 

It’s unclear whether the couple pitched their secret project to Disney, Netflix or Apple TV+.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who moved to Santa Barbara, California last month, signed a deal with the streaming service this week for their new yet-to-be-named production company to make documentaries, feature films, scripted shows and children’s programming. They are pictured in London in January

Source: Read Full Article