Whether you’re celebrating early, filling the freezer, or just want to get some essentials set aside, we have found some of the best offerings to help spread the cost in the run-up to the big day.
So if you’re sticking with tradition – or just trying something different – these festive finds are all Christmas crackers!
Stick with tradition
- Morrisons’ British turkey crown is £7 per kilo, perfect for early family get-togethers.
- Sainsbury’s has a medium unsmoked or smoked gammon joint, 1.4kg, down from £6.25 to £5.
- Save on a tasty British beef roasting joint at Morrisons, £5 per kilo.
- For a great Christmas catch, Sainsbury’s has slashed the price of its salmon fillet, 140g, from £2.45, to £1.80 until Tuesday.
- For no-fuss spuds, Aunt Bessie’s Roasties, 800g, are down from £1.80 to £1.50 at Morrisons.
- Get your side dishes sorted with two for £5 on Waitrose 8 British honey & rosemary pork chipolatas in bacon, £3.29 each, suitable for freezing.
- Save 20p on Tesco Finest cranberry sauce, was £1.50 now £1.30, until December 18.
- Have your Yorkshire puds prepped with Morrisons 12 frozen Yorkshire puddings, £1 or two packs for £1.80.
- No need to forget the stuffing with a pack of Asda Extra Special roasted garlic sage and red onion stuffing mix, £1, in your cupboard.
- Jacob’s Selection Biscuits for cheese, down from £2.50 to £1.50 at Morrisons, is a store cupboard essential.
- Get all your festive veg for under £3 at the Co-op, available from December 12 to January 3, including Co-op Brussels sprouts, 450g, Co–op parsnips, 500g, Co-op carrots, 1kg, Co-op washed white potatoes, 1.5kg, Co-op wrapped swede, 500g, and Co-op broccoli, all 49p each.
- Give peas a chance at Christmas with Birds Eye garden peas, 800g, down from £2.27 to £2 at Morrisons.
- Get two packs of Waitrose mild and delicate Scottish smoked salmon for £7.50, or £4.99 each, which take up virtually no space in your freezer.
…or try out something new
- GET crackling with a great value British Pork Leg from Morrisons for £3 per kilo.
- While Tesco’s Easy Carve Lamb Shoulder With Wild Garlic is half-price, down to £7 from £14, until Tuesday, December 11.
- Save on Quorn Vegan Cracking Cranberry Balls, was £2.25 now £1.68 at Ocado.
- Morrisons is wishing you a merry Quichemas with its Christmas Dinner Quiche packed with British turkey, shredded Wiltshire ham, British pork sage and onion stuffing and green cabbage, seasoned with black pepper and baked within a smooth egg custard filling, £2.
- Perfect with pork, Tesco Finest British Bramley Apple Sauce With Cider is down from £1.50 to £1.30.
- Cook from frozen with a festive flourish, Lidl’s Deluxe 5 Bird Roast is £7.99 and serves eight people.
- For gluten-free guests save on Mrs Crimble’s Gluten-Free Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix at Ocado, down to £1.65 from £2.20.
- Put away a delicious dessert ready for Christmas, saving 50p on Tesco Strawberries & Cream Candy Cane Semifreddo, down to £2.50 until Monday.
- You’ve heard of chocolate roulade, now get a Chocolate Yuleade from Asda’s Extra Special frozen range, £7.
- Get ready for vegetarian guests with Lidl’s Deluxe Nut Roast, £2.99 in the freezer.
Roast pork with fennel and apple
THIS roast recipe brings together the classic pork and apple combination to full effect and is ideal as an alternative Christmas dinner.
- 2kg leg of pork, boneless
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 dusting freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- 25g butter
- 2 fennel bulbs trimmed and sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 100ml cider.
Jewelled stuffed butternut squash
- 2 butternut squash, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp sage, fresh
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 125g quinoa
- 2 tbsp pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- handful fresh coriander leaves
Source: Read Full Article