If you want to nab the best deals and star buys, you may want to start prepping rather than forking out more for costly substitutes if things sell out. Here’s my insiders’ guide . . .
- ASDA: If you leave things too late you may miss out on some of its best festive goodies. Popular bargain Christmas food products currently up for grabs, and with long sell-by dates include own-brand Mince Pies, 97p, Asda Christmas Pudding, £1.99, ES Caramelised Onion Chutney, currently on Rollback to £1 and ES British Duck Fat, £2.
- SAINSBURY’S: If you can’t make it to your local store, or they don’t stock the goods you want, you can use Sainsbury’s customer ordering lines until 4pm on December 16 for delivery in time for Crimbo. But snap up these seasonal eats in plenty of time to avoid disappointment. Taste the Difference Brioche, Orange & Almond Pudding, £9, Rudy the Reindeer Hidden Centre Chocolate Cake, £10, Taste the Difference Melting Chocolate Billionaires Dome, £12.
- ICELAND: Order by December 21 for delivery up to December 23 — the last day Iceland will deliver ahead of Christmas. Savvy shoppers may want to stock up on the frozen festive favourites which sold out last year. Luxury Raspberry and Pistachio Layered Pavlova, £6, Macarons, £3, Snowflake Cake, £8.
- TESCO: Is Christmas really Christmas without a tub of Quality Street? Tesco currently has one of the nation’s favourite festive chocs on offer for £4, down from £5 — and there’s no worry about them going out-of-date before the big day.
If you stock up before tomorrow, not only will you make a saving, you don’t run the risk of there being none left in store.
Just make sure you don’t wolf down the whole tin before Christmas Day.
£15K to win for XMAS – how do I enter?
HAVE a Christmas to remember thanks to our latest sensational Sun Savers competition.
We’re giving THREE lucky readers £5,000 each towards their festive expenses.
Bag our prize and you won’t need to worry about all the presents, the big food shop or any decorations you want to put up.
To enter, download the Sun Savers app or sign up at sunsavers.co.uk. Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed daily in the paper until Tuesday, December 11.
Enter the codes on the Sun Savers app or website. After your tenth code, head back to the “Win Christmas” page found in the “Offers” section and click “Enter” there.
Make sure you enter before midnight on Monday, December 17 when the competition closes.
Sun Savers is our fantastic rewards club which gives all readers the chance to take advantage of FREE cash, treats and prizes. If you’re not already a Sun Savers member then sign up today and get involved.
T&Cs apply – to read in full, see sunsavers.co.uk.
Deal of the day
BLOW dry your locks with the Panasonic Rose Gold Hairdryer on offer at Boots. Was £109.99, now £49.99.
GRAB a slice of Pizza Express pizzas in Costcutter. Was £5, now £3.33.
My Sun Savers fiver
GINA HARRISON, from Walsall, says: “I’m using my Savers fivers to help my granddaughter go on her first school trip abroad.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
PIMP your pasta – and also make a saucy saving. Use Sainsbury’s Green Pesto sauce instead of Sacla Basil Pesto.
Reader's saving tip
FELICITY COUSINS, from Bournemouth, says: “Toothpaste is excellent for cleaning silver jewellery that needs a bit of brightening up!”
- Send us your money-saving ideas to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
PERFECT your pout with Clarins Rouge Eclat from Fragrance Direct. RRP £20, now £8.95.
Hot right now
ARGOS is selling this 6ft Half Parasol Christmas Tree for £33.33 – saving you a third.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.