The Saskatchewan Roughriders (10-4) and Calgary Stampeders (9-5) meet Friday night in a battle of the West Division’s top two seeds. The Week 18 matchup kicks off at 9:30 p.m. ET. Here, we break down the Roughriders vs. Stampeders odds and lines, with sports betting tips and picks.
Roughriders at Stampeders: By the numbers
Get some action on the game at BetMGM by placing a sports bet!
- The Roughriders beat the rival Winnipeg Blue Bombers 21-6 last week for their third straight victory. The Stampeders lost 21-17 on the road against the Montreal Alouettes.
- Calgary is 5-2 straight up at home on the season. Saskatchewan is just 3-3 as the visitor with a 7-1 home record.
- The Riders are 9-5 against the spread on the year while the Stamps are just 5-8. Saskatchewan is 4-2 ATS on the road, Calgary is 2-5 at home. The Riders have covered in seven of their last 10 games, the Stampeders are 4-5-1 ATS across their last 10.
- Calgary is 5-9 against the Over/Under on the year, including three straight Unders. Saskatchewan is 6-8 against the projected totals but hit two Overs in its last three games.
- The Stampeders won 37-10 in Saskatchewan in Week 4. The two won’t meet again until what seems a likely Western Division Final.
- Roughriders QB Cody Fajardo ranks third in the CFL with 3,440 passing yards over 14 games played. He has 14 touchdowns against seven interceptions.
- Stampeders QB Bo Levi Mitchell has 2,196 yards with nine TDs and eight INTs over his seven games.
- The Riders rank third in the CFL with 113.5 team rushing yards per game. The Stamps rank eighth with 78.4 rush yards per game. Saskatchewan has scored a league-best 22 touchdowns on the ground.
- Calgary is tied for first with 20 defensive touchdowns on the year, returning a league-best three for touchdowns. Saskatchewan has 13 interceptions.
Roughriders at Stampeders: CFL odds, picks and betting tips
Odds via BetMGM ; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Wednesday at 12:45 p.m. ET.
Moneyline: Take the value with the visiting ROUGHRIDERS at +135 odds on the road. Mitchell hasn’t been his old self since returning from injury, and the Riders have cruised into first place in the West Division.
Against the spread: The Riders can also be backed to cover a spread of +3 with -105 odds. Avoid the spread if the number drops to 2.5, but the safety of a push in a Stamps win decided by a field goal or less is nice to have.
Over/under: Go with the UNDER (48.5, -110) in what will be a tight defensive battle between two opponents not wanting to give away any strategy ahead of what may be a playoff meeting.
Esten’s CFL betting record: 51-50
Get some action in this one by placing a bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com.
Follow @EstenMcLaren and @SportsbookWire on Twitter.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.
NFL Power Rankings, Week 5: Russell Wilson is the only MVP candidate so far
Germany vs. Argentina Live Stream, International Friendly, Schedule, TV Channel, Start Time
Baker Mayfield had the best response to the Richard Sherman handshake drama
Scott Van Pelt speaks for all Redskins fans in angry, powerful takedown of team ownership
Eight firefighters needed to subdue 21-foot python
Source: Read Full Article