There is no three-peat for the Aspen-Snowmass ski areas this winter.
After getting crowned the top-ranked ski resort in the West for the past two seasons, Aspen-Snowmass fell to fifth this year in SKI Magazine’s annual rankings.
SKI has conducted a readers’ survey for several years to determine the top-regarded resorts. Skico’s four ski areas used to be considered as separate resorts, much to the chagrin of company officials. They felt their resorts would fare better when regarded as one. SKI changed its policy a few years ago and Aspen-Snowmass, indeed, came out on top in the 2019 and 2020 rankings.
But 2021 is a new year. Rounding out the top three behind Sun Valley were Deer Valley in second and White Fish Mountain Resort in Montana in third. Taos Ski Valley finished one place ahead of Aspen-Snowmass.
Rounding out the top 10 were Telluride at six, then Whistler Blackcomb, Steamboat, Beaver Creek and Crested Butte at 10. Vail was way down at 14.
Read more from our partner Aspen Times.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- PHOTOS: Front Range ski season begins and everything feels different
- Copper Mountain, Eldora share details on their parking reservation systems for this ski season
- Vail Resorts CEO says reservation system could be lifted during season if it proves unnecessary
- Ski areas were expecting it to be incredibly hard to find workers this year. It’s been the exact opposite.
- Psst … don’t tell anyone, but Arapahoe Basin just quietly opened for the season
Source: Read Full Article