Four In A Bed contestant rushed to doctors after 'life-threatening' error

Filming on Four In A Bed took an unexpected turn after one contestant made a ‘life-threatening’ mistake during filming.

Production for the Channe 4 show has been put on hold during the coronavirus pandemic, but that hasn’t stopped TV bosses airing some of the most memorable episodes.

During an episode from 2017, pub owner Connor Richardson, who has a severe allergy to nuts, was left horrified after he was served porridge made with muesli containing hazelnuts.

Connor, of The Red Lion Coaching Inn in Lincolnshire, appeared on the programme with his mum Trish.

The incident took place when the pair, who were staying at The Schiehallion in Scotland, sat down for breakfast.

Before they began to eat, Connor had specifically asked for his porridge to be made ‘plain with water’.


Although as soon as he took one mouthful he began to shout ‘Oh my god’ after another guest pointed out there were hazelnuts and almonds in the porridge.

And what made things worse, was that his mum had forgotten to bring his EpiPen with her.

She told the owners: ‘It is actually very serious this guys. Connor has a nut allergy. Can somebody take him to the doctors then?’

Manager Julie couldn’t apologise enough as she explained that a ‘mistake was made in the kitchen’.

Speaking to the camera afterwards Julie said: ‘A mistake was made in the kitchen they used museli instead of porridge for the four porridge orders that went out and unfortunately, Connor has a nut allergy.’

After being taken to received medical treatment, Connor’s mum Trisha, who died in 2018, gave the B&B 4/10 for breakfast.

‘When you have allergies it can be life-threatening,’ she explained.

Connor returned to filming the next day and said he would have given them 0 for the breakfast.

Four In A Bed airs on Channel 4 and More4.

Source: Read Full Article