STRICTLY stars could undergo DAILY checks for coronavirus, The Sun can reveal.
Show bosses are planning to increase testing following a Covid-19 outbreak.
We revealed on Monday how a crew member had tested positively for the deadly virus.
And it has prompted producers to ramp up measures in a bid to ensure those taking part are kept as safe as they can be.
A source said: “Nothing is being left to chance after this positive test.
“A lot of money has been spent on ensuring everyone on the show has access to testing.
“If required, those taking part could even undergo daily checks to make sure they remain virus free.
“The key thing for producers is knowing that if a case emerges that they can react to it to make sure it doesn’t become a massive crisis.
“The nightmare scenario is a case going undetected and spreading through the entire show. That’s why more testing will be carried out.”
Meanwhile the Sun can reveal that BBC bosses also have a stand-by list of celebs who can step in if anyone ends up having to pull out due to the virus.
Last year the programme’s winner Kelvin Fletcher only graced the dancefloor because Made in Chelsea star Jamie Laing – who is on this year – had to pull out with an injury.
“Nobody wants to see stars drop out with the virus. But it could happen,” the source added.
“And if it does there are celebrities ready to step in and become a part of the show. The BBC are determined Strictly will go out and be a fantastic show.
"It remains the jewel in the corporation’s crown and everyone will be delighted to see it back.”
In additional moves relatives, who have previously been able to be around during rehearsals, are also likely to be banned.
And there will be no studio audiences.
“This year’s show will be existing in a bubble containing only those people who are part of the programme,” the source said.
“Producers are being really strict over ensuring no one enters that bubble and risks bringing in the virus or causing any kind of an outbreak.”
Source: Read Full Article