Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has given an update on her father-in-law Prince Philip's health after he was moved to a second London hospital.
The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII hospital on 16 February, but was transported to cardiac specialist hospital St Bartholomew's on Monday of this week.
Prince Charles' wife, 73, has now said that Philip's health is "slightly improving" but that his treatment "hurts at moments."
According to ITV's royal correspondent Chris Ship, Camilla made the comments as she visited a vaccination centre in Croydon, adding that the Royal family was "keeping our fingers crossed" for Philip.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey 'won't be pulled' if Prince Philip's health condition worsens
Prince Philip, 99, transferred to new hospital in ambulance to continue treatment for infection
Concerns about the Duke's health were raised earlier this week when Buckingham Palace confirmed in a statement that he had been transferred to the new hospital.
The palace's statement read: "The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition.
"The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week."
Camila's husband Prince Charles, 72, paid a visit to his father in hospital last weekend.
Last week, Prince Philip's youngest son, Edward, told Sky that he had spoken to his father on the phone and revealed that he is "a lot better".
When asked how he was doing, the Earl of Wessex, 56, explained: "As far as I'm aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he's a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing."
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
Prior to this, the Duke's grandson Prince William, 38, offered an update on his condition, explaining that medics are "keeping an eye" on the royal.
When asked about the his condition by royal photographer Arthur Edwards, Prince William responded: "Yes, he's OK. They're keeping an eye on him."
Despite her husband's condition, The Queen is continuing to work, ad last week took part in a video call with health leaders after learning there is an alarming number of people refusing to the take the vaccine as the world continues to battle the deadly virus.
The Royal Family
Prince Philip asked Charles to visit him in hospital to talk about the Royal Family's future, says insider
Prince Philip to remain in hospital 'into next week' while receiving treatment for an infection
She said in the video that she felt "protected" after receiving the vaccine alongside her husband in January.
Speaking to the healthcare workers, the 94 year old said: "It is obviously difficult for people if they've never had a vaccine or they've had to, but they ought to think about other people rather than themselves.
"It was very quick, and I've had lots of letters from people who have been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine. And the jab – it didn't hurt at all."
Source: Read Full Article