Darius Danesh turned down operation on broken neck as he wanted to save voice

Former Pop Idol star Darius Campbell Danesh dies aged 41

Following Darius Campbell Danesh’s death last year, it has been revealed that the singer was treating his chronic pain with marijuana, painkillers and an inhalable anaesthetic before he was found dead aged just 41.

The Popstars star had been living with a broken neck since a 2010 car accident which involved a car hitting a wall at 70mph.

Darius had daily physiotherapy but rejected an operation recommended by doctors because he was worried that it would damage his vocal cords.

His girlfriend, Lauren Cheek, said last month: “The autopsy found he was living with a broken neck, but he refused to get help or complain about it.

“I think he used (chloroethane) because he was in so much pain and he didn’t want to take pills, not even aspirin.” 

READ MORE: Darius Danesh’s family say he had ‘severe pain’ before star found unresponsive

The autopsy also concluded that Darius was suffering from an undiagnosed heart problem which caused his heart to swell.

Lauren added to The Sun: “Darius was living with this heart condition that he didn’t know he had.

“So many things could have taken him, but this one thing did, and he died in his sleep.

“His mum told me they only found out after they did the autopsy. His heart was twice the size it was supposed to be, which was fitting, because that is genuinely how he was — he had so much love.”

Don’t miss…
Darius autopsy ‘found star had undiagnosed heart condition and broken neck”[LATEST]
Gerard Butler looks sombre in first snaps since death of Darius Danesh[PICTURES]
Pop Idol’s Darius Campbell Danesh’s death ruled as accident[NEWS]

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

On Monday, Rochester Police Department’s investigation concluded and Darius’s family revealed he had been in “good spirits” just hours before he was found dead in his Minnesota home.

In a statement, they said of the Popstars to Operastar winner: “The night before Darius passed, he had dinner with close friends, who reported that ‘Darius was in a lot of pain, but he was in good spirits when he was with us’.

“They stayed together until the early hours of the morning and made plans to meet the following day.

“When Darius did not show up and could not be reached, the hotel staff were asked to check on him.”

They explained that Darius was found unresponsive in bed by staff at around 11.50am on August 11. He had “inhaled chloroethane using a bag, which led to respiratory arrest”.

The Rochester Fire and Police Department then pronounced him dead at 12.01pm, the statement concluded, as reported by MailOnline. 

Source: Read Full Article