Russell Brand’s new podcast asking if free speech is being challenged
Russell Brand is rolling in cash from his video rants on Rumble and is said to have made an estimated £350,000 so far, after his YouTube Channel was cancelled following allegations against him.
The 48-year-old is still making revenue from the video sharing platform which describes itself as “immune to cancel culture”. The 51 clips he has shared have been viewed 43 million times so far. Top earners on the site make about £8 per 1,000 views.
His Rumble videos have included anti-vaccine rants, talk of “surveillance robots” and a claim Google influenced the US Presidential election in favour of Joe Biden.
Express.co.uk have contacted representatives for Russell Brand for comment.
Announcing that they would be removing his ability to monetise his posts, Google-owned YouTube said Brand had “violated” its “creator responsibility policy”.
READ MORE: Danny Dyer ‘tipped’ to join I’m A Celebrity as EastEnders co-star drops clue
“If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community,” they said.
He is estimated to have made millions from YouTube before they intervened. He had 6.6million subscribers and was believed to be making up to £4,000 per video.
The revelation of his current earnings comes after a US civil lawsuit was filed against the comedian, which alleges he sexually assaulted an extra on the film set of Arthur.
This comes just months after the 48-year-old was accused of rape, sexual assaults, and emotional abuse during a seven-year period at the height of his fame.
Russell has denied the allegations and claimed his relationships were “always consensual”.
Saturday Kitchen viewers all say the same thing about Clive Myrie’s outfit[OPINION]
Strictly’s Shirley Ballas inundated with support as she opens up about baby loss[INSIGHT]
Heston Blumenthal’s wife in horror crash ‘with mum trapped inside'[LATEST]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
According to the documents obtained by BBC, the fresh accusations were filed with the New York State Supreme Court on Friday, which is the first time any such accusations have been made in a lawsuit.
The anonymous woman referred to as Jane Doe claims Russell “appeared intoxicated, smelled of alcohol, and was carrying a bottle of vodka on set,” before the alleged 7 July 2010 assault. The actor is then said to have exposed himself to his accuser in full view of the cast and crew.
Later the same day the plaintiff claimed Russell entered the bathroom after her and assaulted her as “a member of production crew guarded the door from outside”.
Warner Bros Pictures, the studio that made Arthur, and other companies involved in the production have also been named as defendants. The woman says that as a result of the alleged abuse she suffers from extreme embarrassment, shame, and fear as well as finding it difficult to trust others.
She also shared concerns about her professional career in association with being named and fears she could be “blacklisted in the industry,” as she still works as an actor.
Source: Read Full Article