I suffer from condition that makes me permanently aroused – life is unbearable

DEAR DEIDRE: I LIVE with PGAD, or persistent genital arousal disorder, and my partner wants sex all the time. I just can’t deal with it.

I’m a woman of 45 and the feeling of constantly being aroused is excruciating.

Keep up to date on social

For more Dear Deidre content, and to meet the team behind the infamous agony page, follow us on:

Instagram – @dear.deidre

Facebook – @DearDeidreOfficial

Twitter – @DearDeidre

Many will assume it is a gift to feel like this but it’s painful and there’s no cure.

It rages out of control and although my partner, who is 52, has accompanied me to the appointments, he doesn’t accept that I’m not interested in sex. He grabs my breasts and pushes me against the wall.

I feel aroused 24 hours a day but sex for me isn’t fun. I struggle to orgasm and if I do, it’s very painful.

I love him but I can’t even hug him as he sees it as a come-on.

He says it hurts him as he badly wants me, but he has trouble keeping an erection, so I think: “Why are we putting each other through this?”

Get in touch with Deidre

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

Send an email to [email protected]

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Most read in Dear Deidre


I've been using prostitutes for years behind my lovely wife's back


My life has fallen apart since my brother admitted he's a sex offender


I met a lovely woman online after my wife died but I've found out she's married


My husband sees no bad in his daughter even though she hates me

DEIDRE SAYS: If he keeps trying to have a sexual relationship when it causes you pain, then I’m afraid he is not right for you.

And what is more worrying is that he is pushing you around and grabbing you sexually – this is abusive behaviour.

My support packs Abusive Partner and Standing Up For Yourself explain more.


Susie thinks Joe is planning to dump her after turning down sex

I’m dating an amazing woman after my wife died – but she’s married

Your PGAD will be all-consuming. Talk to a friend, a counsellor, or consider joining a support group (there are private ones on Facebook). It is important you get regular support.

Also try a pain-easing Tens machine on your lower back to relieve symptoms.

    Source: Read Full Article