SKY BROWN is on the verge of competing for Team GB as their youngest ever Olympian during Tokyo 2020.
The skateboarding sensation will compete in the sport's new events this year in Japan.
BETTING SPECIAL – CLAIM £180 IN FREE BETS FOR THE OLYMPICS
🥇 TOKYO OLYMPICS LIVE: All the latest from the Games with our live blog
🥇 WHAT'S ON TODAY? Best bits to watch at the Olympics and UK times for your favourite stars
Though representing Team GB, Brown's mother is Japanese, so will be looking for another sense of pride in winning a medal during the delayed Games.
And all eyes will be on Brown, 13, next week as she goes for gold.
When is Sky Brown competing?
- Brown is competing in the women's skateboarding park event.
- Both the prelims and the final will take place on Thursday August 5.
- Prelims will begin at around 1am UK time, with the final to come later on in the morning.
- The event will likely run from 1am to 5.40am UK time.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Both BBC and Eurosport have the rights to air the Olympics in the UK this summer.
- You can watch Sky Brown's attempt at Olympic glory live on BBC One and the BBC iPlayer, so long as you have a TV licence.
- The event is available for live streaming from the BBC iPlayer app, which you can download onto you mobile device, tablet and Smart TV.
- SunSport will have regular updates of the action throughout the night.
What has Sky Brown said?
“My parents thought it would be too much pressure, so we weren’t going to do it," she said.
“[Team GB said] ‘Come be on our team, there’s no pressure, just get out there and have fun’.
“That made my parents feel a little better. But I begged and begged…
“My parents didn’t want me to skate for so long. But I just felt like I couldn’t stop skateboarding.
“I just told them I need to skate. It’s one of my favourite things to do.
“You only get one life and you’ve got to enjoy it.”
Source: Read Full Article