Daily Star’s Inside Hot TV newsletter sees Ed Gleave send you telly’s hot takes straight to your inbox every Sunday
Ant Middleton reportedly made "lewd and suggestive comments" to four females workers on the set of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
The Mirror reports that statements from female crew members of the Channel 4 show have been given to TV and media union Bectu.
It comes after the former British solider, 40, brushed off claims of any inappropriate comments as "military banter" during his interview on Good Morning Britain earlier this week.
The publication has also spoken to a separate female crew member who says that the TV star "overstepped the mark" with the way he treated people behind-the-scenes of the show.
A spokesperson for the Broadcasting, Entertainment, Communications and Theatre Union said: "Bectu can confirm that a number of women have been in touch with us this week regarding behaviours on the set of SAS Who Dares Wins.
"We will not be publishing the allegations, however we would like to set the record straight following an interview on Good Morning Britain this week.
"Despite Ant Middleton’s claims about the so-called 'woke brigade', Channel 4 clearly stated this week that the decision to part ways with Mr Middleton was 'solely based on his personal conduct off-camera and is not related to his on-screen persona'. This certainly corroborates with what our members have told us.
"Mr Middleton said in his interview that SAS Who Dares Wins has now become a half-scripted reality show and cited ’military banter’ as an excuse for his behaviour. This is no excuse.
"If on-screen talent are adopting a particular persona on camera, they need to drop the act when the camera stops rolling. TV sets are workplaces and people working in television deserve to have dignity at work – that means being treated with respect and enjoying the same workplace rights and protection as people working in any other workplace.
"Head of Bectu Philippa Childs had a very constructive meeting with Channel 4 last week (1 March) about tackling bullying and harassment in the TV industry. We are pleased to see that this week, Channel 4's Chief Content Officer has written to on-screen talent reminding them that Channel 4 'does not tolerate bullying or offensive behaviour of any kind'.
"As a Union, we regularly give members advice on dealing with workplace bullies but in an industry that is majority freelance on short term contracts, they are often the people who ultimately pay the price when issues arise."
Daily Star have contacted Ant's rep for a comment.
Channel 4 released a statement on Monday explaining that they will no longer be working with Middleton.
In a statement, the broadcaster said: "Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins.
"Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again."
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?
Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Ant signed up for the armed forces aged just 17 before later enrolling with the Royal Marines.
He became a household name back in 2015 on SAS: Who Dares Wins, which sees people recreate the SAS training process.
There has since been celebrity editions of the gruelling show featuring the likes of Katie Price, Joey Essex and Wayne Bridge.
Channel 4 have confirmed that the gruelling TV show will continue.
- Channel 4
Source: Read Full Article