DOUBLING Down With the Derricos star Deon Derrico’s Las Vegas home was not sold at a foreclosure auction amid the family’s financial struggles.
Deon, 50, and his wife Karen’s North Las Vegas, Nevada home that has been featured on Doubling Down With the Derricos is in foreclosure.
The Sun can exclusively reveal the four-bedroom, three-bathroom home was not sold at the September 1 auction, as the house was returned to the bank.
A representative for the auction confirmed the bank will likely schedule another sale opportunity.
The opening bid for the cash-only sale was $441,842.
As The Sun previously reported, Deon filed a petition for foreclosure mediation assistance after the home he purchased in 2015 went into default a month prior, according to court papers in March 2020.
The filing is to provide a “remedy of last resort for the homeowner to avoid foreclosure and loss of his/her home” through a mediation process with negotiations between the lender and owner.
A mediator was assigned to the parties, but they were unable to agree to a loan modification and the negotiations were terminated.
The petition for foreclosure mediation assistance was dismissed and the foreclosure was to be issued in the normal course of business.
Then in February 2021, Deon filed a complaint against US Bank National Association.
The foreclosure sale was to be conducted on or about March 12, 2021, but he claimed the date was “improper.”
He argued that the home is the primary residence of Karen, 41, and their 14 children.
He then filed a temporary restraining order to prohibit the foreclosure of the sale, but the court denied the motion.
Deon, Karen and their 14 children are still living in the home, according to social media.
Fortunately for the family, the real estate investor has two other homes in Sin City to fall back on.
Deon bought a four-bathroom, four-bedroom home in North Las Vegas in September 2019 for $107,709, according to Clark County property records.
Back in July 2018, Deon bought a four-bedroom, two-bathroom home for $277, 247.
The foreclosure comes after The Sun revealed the parents filed for bankruptcy five times in the past.
CHARITY COURT BATTLE
The Sun also reported Deon even sued a charity for $100,000 in 2019 after he claimed he “didn’t receive promised gifts.”
Deon sued charity Legacy Ladies, who provides academic and experiential programs for disenfranchised girls, for negligence, breach of contract, fraud and more.
In court papers obtained by The Sun, Deon, who described himself as a “loving husband” of then-11 children, claimed he was asked to appear on television and radio shows due to his large family.
After appearing on The View, Jackie Castillo of Legacy Ladies reached out to Deon for his family to appear at their event at the Beverly Hilton in California with all expenses paid.
The complaint read: “Defendant Castillo mentioned that many gifts would be provided to Plaintiff. He perceived this to be a blessing as with any large family, resources are quickly expended and the promise of assistance was graciously welcomed.”
The charity donated $1,200 to the family for the christening of their quintuplets.
At the event on March 29, 2014, Jackie made several “promises” on stage including gifting the family with “a new 15 passenger Van valued at $40,000, six months of mortgage payments at $18,000, a full rehab of Plaintiff Derrico’s oldest daughter's bedroom (valued at $10,000) and a Mathnazium for the children ($4,800).”
Then days later on April 1, 2014, Deon was contacted by Jackie and was told they learned he was being investigated for real estate fraud.
The court papers claimed: “Plaintiff informed her that it was a misunderstanding and the charges were not true in any form, but she told Plaintiff they couldn't get any of the gifts promised until after Plaintiff Derrico’s case was concluded and he resolved his criminal charges.
“Defendant Castillo and Plaintiff Derrico made an oral modification and agreed Plaintiff must resolve his criminal case prior to receiving any benefits and Defendants would not contact him until after his trial concluded.”
He believes Jackie was “aware of the investigation prior to Defendant Legacy's event, but because the Derrico family was prominently featured on the advertisements and marketing materials, it was inconvenient for Defendants to modify the agreement until after the event was over as they collected more than $250,000 generated from the Derrico family.”
When Deon was not convicted of the federal charges in 2018, he did not hear from Legacy Ladies.
He claimed the charity created an “unlawful scheme” to “make money with a headlining family that had appeared on national television shows to boost sales to an event honoring him, and save on the expense of providing the items promised.”
He called the actions “deceitful and dishonest.”
Deon claimed in the court papers that Jackie was aware he needed help with his children’s medical bills and necessities for their quality of life.
The charity denied the allegations in Deon’s complaint.
A request to dismiss the case was filed in May 2020 by their attorneys.
Source: Read Full Article