A PROBE has been launched into a group of Met Police officers who reportedly sent "sick" jokes about Harvey Price on Whatsapp.
The eight officers, based in a London police station, are accused of posting racist and sexist jokes, bullying a female co-worker and mocking black suspects.
According to the Mail Online, Scotland Yard confirmed that the eight officers were all based at Bexleyheath station.
A source told the Mail that the officers were brought into a meeting with a senior command once the messages came to light last March.
"They've been putting sick jokes in there, pictures of black criminals, but some of the worst stuff was taking the mickey out of Harvey Price," the source revealed.
"There are a lot of messages about him, I'm told.
"These are the people who are supposed to be looking after us and are supposed to be out in these communities."
The officers are on restricted duties while the investigation is being carried out.
On July 1, it was revealed that Met cops would be facing a racism probe over the stop-and-search of Brit sprinter Bianca Williams.
Officers involved in the stopping, searching and handcuffing of the athlete are now under investigation for alleged gross misconduct after Williams accused them of treating herself and her boyfriend “like scum”.
The Commonwealth gold medallist, 27, and her Portuguese sprinter partner Ricardo dos Santos, 25, had been driving home from training when they were pulled over by cops and handcuffed in front of their three-month-old baby on July 4 last year.
Cops searched them on suspicion of drugs and weapons, with the couple saying that police had claimed to smell cannabis as they stopped the car.
Williams added there was a “problem of racism in the Metropolitan police” and called on commissioner Cressida Dick to address it.
It comes as Ms Dick walks a tightrope as more than a dozen officers face investigation in connection with the handling of the deaths of Sarah Everard, Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman in London.
Twelve cops are being probed by the police watchdog over allegations that they failed to investigate incidents of indecent exposure allegedly committed by Sarah's killer Wayne Couzens – a former gun cop who served with the Met since 2018.
A separate investigation is also being carried out into allegations that a probationary Met Police constable, who later manned a cordon in the case, shared an "inappropriate graphic" with colleagues via WhatsApp.
One officer has been served with a gross misconduct notice and six others have been handed misconduct notices.
'FACELESS KEYBOARD WARRIORS'
And in the case of murdered sisters Bibaa and Nicole, two police officers were charged over allegedly taking selfies with the women's bodies.
Meanwhile, in June Katie Price begged Boris Johnson for new laws to crack down on "faceless keyboard warriors" after Harvey was trolled in a vile video.
She blasted "unacceptable online abuse" after a man who shared a video mocking 18-year-old Harvey was cleared by a judge as it was a "joke".
In an Instagram post, Katie, who has been campaigning for "Harvey's Law" to make online abuse a specific offence, urged the government to take "urgent action" against social media trolls.
A spokesperson for the Met Police told the Sun Online that an investigation is currently underway from the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards (DPS) into allegations that inappropriate material was shared by officers in a closed WhatsApp group.
"The DPS is considering whether the material constitutes a breach of standards, specifically whether there is any evidence of discrimination relating to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief and disability.
"The matter was referred to the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC) who took the decision that it should be investigated locally by the DPS," he added.
Katie Price's representatives have been contacted for comment.
Source: Read Full Article