AFTER losing the 2016 presidential election, Hillary Clinton stepped back from the limelight and began pursuing other projects.
Clinton, who was once first lady and secretary of state, now serves as the 11th chancellor of Queen’s University Belfast and will headline the Royal Television Society’s annual conference in Cambridge.
Where is Hillary Clinton now?
Hillary Clinton alongside her daughter Chelsea will take part in the RTS Cambridge Convention on September 15 and 16.
The duo announced their participation on August 31, 20121, and will appear in conversation with Cambridge professor and TV personality Mary Beard.
According to a statement put out by RTS, Chelsea, and Clinton “Will talk about what they see in the world, the stories that fascinate them, and how their production company HiddenLight facilitates their global approach to storytelling.
Theresa Wise, CEO of the Royal Television Society spoke on Chelsea and Clinton’s participation in the convention, saying: “The eminent combination of Hillary and Chelsea Clinton in conversation with Mary Beard promises an erudite and unmissable session, and a great addition to our packed programme of industry heavyweights who are set to share their insights on Broadcasting Britain.
“We are very much looking forward to welcoming all the speakers and the wider industry to Cambridge for what is set to be an impactful and thought-provoking set of sessions.”
Hillary Clinton timeline
- August 26, 2021: Bill and Hillary Clinton are spotted in the Hamptons in New York strolling through a boardwalk.
- August 24, 2021: Clinton and her team have been trying to charter flights out of Afghanistan for at-risk women amid the withdrawal of US troops, the New York Times reported.
- August 4, 2021: Clinton shared she was committing 40 minutes of her time to community service to celebrate Meghan Markle’s birthday initiative, 40×40.
- February 2021: Clinton announced that she is co-writing her first fiction book with Louise Penny. The book, a political mystery thriller, is titled State of Terror due in October 2021.
- October 28, 2020: Clinton announced that she was on the 2020 Democratic slate of electors for the state of New York.
- September 29, 2020: Clinton launches an interview podcast in collaboration with iHeartRadio titled You and Me Both.
- March 6, 2020: Clinton opens up about Bill’s sex scandal with Monica Lewinsky in a Hulu documentary.
- October 2019: Clinton releases a book alongside her daughter Chelsea titled The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience.
- October 24, 2019: A package containing a pipe bomb was sent to Clinton's home in Washington, D.C., which was intercepted by the secret service.
- October 2018: Clinton and Bill announce plans for a 13-city speaking tour in various cities in the US and Canada between November 2018 and May 2019.
- November 8, 2016: Clinton was defeated in the 2016 US presidential election by Donald Trump.
- October 28, 2016: An email controversy surrounding Clinton starts making headlines.
- July 26, 2016: Clinton was formally nominated at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, becoming the first woman to ever do so.
- October 15, 2015: Clinton takes responsibility for the attacks in the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi resulting in the death of four Americans.
- April 12, 2015: Clinton announced her candidacy for US president in the 2016 election.
- November 20, 2009 – 2013: Clinton accepts a position as a US secretary of state for the Barack Obama administration.
- January 20, 2007: Clinton announces her first run for the US presidency but failed to secure a win against Barack Obama.
- November 7, 2006: Clinton gets re-elected as New York’s US senator.
- November 7, 2000: Clinton becomes the US senator of New York.
- January 26, 1996: Clinton is subpoenaed in the Whitewater investigation surrounding Bill and members of their staff.
- January 17, 1998: The Monica Lewinsky and Bill scandal broke after a leaked telephone conversation Monica had with co-worker Linda Tripp.
- January 1993 – 2001: Clinton becomes the first lady of the US following Bill’s election to the White House.
- January 1979: Clinton becomes Arkansas’s first lady after Bill becomes Arkansas attorney general.
Who is Hillary Clinton?
Hillary Clinton is an American politician, author, diplomat, and attorney.
She served as the 67th United States Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013, as a US Senator from New York from 2001 to 2009, and as first lady of the US from 1993 to 2001, while married to former President Bill Clinton.
She became the first woman to be nominated for president of the US by a major political party in 2016.
Clinton was the first woman to win the popular vote in a US presidential election but failed to win the Electoral College.
Source: Read Full Article