Disney Cruise Line has a new island destination to add to it’s list!
The Disney ships will now mark another stop on select cruises to the all new Lighthouse Point, which is located on the island of Eleuthera in The Bahamas.
“Disney Cruise Line will welcome guests to Lighthouse Point for the first time in summer 2024! This one-of-a-kind island destination will be a unique celebration of Bahamian culture brought to life with the quality and service of a Disney vacation,” they shared on social media.
Find out more about the new island destination inside…
Lighthouse Point is currently in the works in The Bahamas, and is being created in collaboration with local artists and advisors to bring guests a vibrant island retreat while celebrating Bahamian culture.
“At Disney Cruise Line, we have a deep appreciation for the Bahamian community,” Sharon Siskie, senior vice president and general manager, Disney Cruise Line, shared in a statement. “We are connected in many ways, including our shared values of storytelling and hospitality. With the opening of Lighthouse Point, visitors from around the world will experience the magic of The Bahamas in a new way, one that truly celebrates its natural and cultural beauty.”
Lighthouse Point is being sustainably developed, with at least 90 percent of the destination’s electricity powered by an onsite solar array.
“Lighthouse Point is a place of extraordinary natural beauty, so our goal has always been to create designs that accentuate its qualities in an organic way,” Kevin Thomas, creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering, said. “We’re focused on low-density, sustainable development that protects and preserves the environment, allowing the site’s biodiversity to shine.”
Check out some of the offerings at Lighthouse Point below…
- There will be an expansive family beach, perfect for relaxing and playing in the sun on the east side of the island, centrally located near market-style dining, recreation and other amenities.
- A Bahamian art and culture pavilion will feature special programs and local artists, with opportunities for guests to learn Bahamian culture and celebrate the traditions and natural beauty of The Bahamas.
- There will be a colorful, interactive water play area, which will have two slides, water drums, fountains and more, with a dedicated area just for toddlers.
- Additional activities will be available for all, including a covered gaming pavilion, a volleyball court, a gaga ball pit, watercraft and bicycle rentals and nature trails for hiking.
- On the north end of the family area, there will also be an adult-exclusive beach, with a dedicated dining area for access to food and drinks, with six private cabanas available by reservation.
- There will be a themed kids’ club for those ages 3-12. Highly-trained Disney Cruise Line counselors will be on hand for supervision, and the area will include a splash pad inspired by The Little Mermaid characters, lots of shade and of course, a dedicated dining area.
- Away from the family areas, there will be a more peaceful beach on the south-western shore with 20 premium family cabanas, including four double cabanas for larger groups.
- New Port Adventures will be developed in partnership with local tour guide operators for guests to go beyond Lighthouse Point and explore the culture and beauty of Eleuthera more.
Lighthouse Point opens in the Summer of 2024, with itinerary details and more info being released a later date!
Browse through the gallery to see artist concept art on what to expect…
Source: Read Full Article