TODAY is National Biscuit Day and to celebrate I’ve got two brilliant, biscuity delights. Both of these will last for a week or so in an airtight container, but you can also freeze them to grab whenever you fancy a nibble.
Now, go and make yourself a cuppa, you lovely lot – you deserve a biscuit or two!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 60g cornflour
- 225g plain flour
- 60g icing sugar
- 225g butter
- ½tsp vanilla essence
- Once cooked
- 80g white chocolate chips
My top tip this week is to make sure you organise your freezer.
Every month or so, do a stock check of what’s in there so that you make sure you are eating the older stuff at the back of the freezer and then refilling with newer food.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mix starts to lump together. Tip the mix on to a lightly floured surface and use your hands to bring the dough together into a ball then roll into a thick sausage shape.
- Wrap up the dough in cling film and pop it into the fridge for 1 hour. If you are freezing, after 1 hour, slice the dough sausage into around 10 3cm-thick slices and then put it back together into the sausage shape, wrap in cling film and freeze. This will allow you to cook the shortbread as and when you want it.
- If baking now, preheat the oven to 190C/170C/gas mark 5. Take the dough and cut into 3cm-thick discs. Place these on to a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Take the white chocolate chips and melt in a bowl in the microwave until runny. Use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate over the shortbread.
Ready to freeze:
Place the shortbread sausage in the freezer, making sure it is wrapped up well, ready to grab when you fancy some shortbread.
Ready to eat:
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C/gas mark 5. Take out as many discs of shortbread from the freezer as you need and place on some greaseproof paper on a baking tray. Place in the oven for 14-15 minutes until slightly golden. Drizzle over the white chocolate as per the method.
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.
Source: Read Full Article