Police offer £50,000 reward for information after two girls aged 13 and 16 were hit by shrapnel in drive-by shooting outside party in Manchester a year ago
- Two teenage girls, aged 13 and 16, were injured during shooting
- Attack occurred outside address where a party was taking place
Police have offered a £50,000 reward to anyone with information about a shooting of two teenage girls at a party last year.
Both girls, aged 13 and 16 have since fully recovered from the drive-by attack in Moss Side, Manchester.
The teenagers, who were hit by shrapnel, were not thought to be the intended targets of the shooting.
Renewing an appeal for information, Detective Inspector Madeline Kelly said that the incident could have easily had ‘tragic consequences’.
She said: ‘The reckless and dangerous actions of those firing a gun that night could easily have had tragic consequences.
Police are offering a reward of £50,000 to anyone with information about a shooting in Manchester in July 2022
Two girls were injured during the shooting on Quinney Crescent in Moss Side
Police believe that the girls were not the intended targets of the attack
‘We do not believe the two girls were the intended targets that night and were instead simply at the address enjoying a party.
‘The actions of those responsible demonstrate that they have zero regard for who they could have hurt. They are dangerous and GMP is determined to find them and hold them to account for such a callous and cowardly attack.
‘We now have a £50,000 reward available for anyone who has key information that can lead to the successful conviction of those responsible for this horrific attack.’
The shooting occurred outside an address on Quinney Crescent where a party was taking place, on July 29 2022.
Anyone with information should contact Greater Manchester Police either by submitting it online or calling 101 quoting crime number 3388 of 29/07/22 and operation name ‘Meppen’.
Source: Read Full Article