Who was Jack Fenton and what happened in helicopter accident? | The Sun

JACK FENTON was a 22-year-old from Kent who died in a tragic helicopter accident.

Jack was killed when he was hit by the tail rotor of a helicopter while holidaying in Greece.

What happened in Greek helicopter accident?

The Brit was returning from Mykonos in a hired helicopter when he was struck in the head by the back propeller of the aircraft in Athens, Greece.

The chopper's pilot – who is said to be "deeply traumatised" by what happened – has been arrested along with two ground technicians, as cops probe what happened.

Jack was disembarking from the Bell 407 craft when the rotor struck him at the Superior Air helipad in Spata at around 6.20pm local time.

He was killed instantly.

Jack's friend Jack Stanton-Greaves, who was in the same helicopter as him, said "no instructions were given" while leaving the helicopter – and said he doesn't know why the 22-year-old turned towards the rear blade.

However, Greek authorities have claimed the group was led away from the vehicle, but Jack was then on his phone as he moved back towards the chopper.


Onlookers ‘screamed as Brit neared chopper’s rotor for selfie’ before death

Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak prepare to go head-to-head in Sun debate TONIGHT

Police are considering whether he may have been attempting to take a selfie next to the helicopter as a line of enquiry.

Ioannis Kandyllis, president of Greece’s committee for aviation accidents – which is investigating the horrific incident – said the young man headed back towards the helicopter "at pace".

He said: "All four passengers had disembarked and were escorted to a private lounge awaiting a private flight for London.

Most read in The Sun


Onlookers ‘screamed as Brit neared chopper's rotor for selfie' before death


Mark Wright reacts after Love Island's Luca says he's 'punching with Michelle'


Tourist furious after Queen’s Guard screams at her – but did she deserve it?


Emily Atack secretly dating former Big Brother contestant

"But as they were in the lounge the victim broke away and returned to the tarmac, rushing to the helicopter at a fast pace.

"Witnesses we spoke to said he had a phone to his ear and was walking to the aircraft quickly, defying ground crew shouting to him, ‘Stop! Stop!’

"Within seconds the tragic accident occurred. It was horrific."

It's understood Jack – who studied Sports Coaching & PE, Sports Studies at Oxford Brookes – “suffered horrific head injuries caused by a spinning rotor blade”.

Read More on The Sun

I spent £43k to look like my idol Pamela Anderson – blokes always say same thing

ALL British Airways flights at risk this summer due to strike threat

A statement from Jack's employer, Ball Street Network in London, said: "Our team is in shock having just found out about this tragic news.

"Our love and thoughts are with Jack's family and friends."

    Source: Read Full Article